Sunday, December 04, 2016

Mark Twain was a great American and so am I.

..."There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight. Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn’t need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn’t do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn’t prepared for him." - from  A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court. (click here)

“The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet.”

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

“A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.”

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

 "Patriotism is defending your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."...

I never needed Mark Twain to justify activism. I have been an activist for as long as I can remember. I was debating my teacher (male) in the world history class in the seventh grade about the Vietnam War.

To show how education has transgressed from American excellence, let me offer this reality. My junior high school had an entire year of world geography in eight grade? Yep? I did well in learning environments.

The Trump years are going to be different than the "W" years. This is a launch into an entire change of paradigm in the USA and it's' relationship with the world. I think much is foolishness and populism on steroids.

I think there is going to be a real need for newspapers and by all estimations there will be an increase in readership. This is an opportunity for journalists to be at their best and befriend the American people. Trump loves to be the center of attention and the media will provide that. It will be up to Democrats to have a louder and ever present megaphone.

If Hillary Clinton is going to be victimized then it is time feminists are front and center to scream sexism and educate the American people as to what defines sexism.

I AM NOT PERFECT!

Hillary Clinton from the beginning of her public career has received a far different standard in politics. It is amazing she has achieved the level of involvement she has for the defamation of character she receives. When the right wing Republicans attack her in the years to come, she will have plenty to say. I look forward to it.

Recently, Hillary was met by an average citizen while on her daily walk. She looks great. She is most likely enjoying down time and her family. I don't expect to see her on a campaign any time soon, but, I do expect to hear from her in anticipation of more Republican brutality at the cost of the American taxpayer.

I think she needs to return to her speeches and lectures. I am sure there is a great deal more to hear from her.

Next week, I'll begin the introduction of the chemical industry, the environment and Green Chemistry.