Saturday, September 17, 2016

I found this story rather incredible. Both she, her fiance and their families are magnificently brave.

September 16, 2016
By Richard Paula Abrahamson

When Anna Swabey (click here) took to her blog, Inside My Head, on December 8, 2015, it was to share exciting news: Her boyfriend of 10 months, Andy Bell, had proposed.“He knew from day one that I was battling a terminal illness, and yet did not let this, in any way, shape or form cloud any of our time together,” Swabey wrote. “The most beautiful thing for me, is that Andy sees me, just for me, not ‘Anna with a brain tumor.’”
But Swabey never made it down the aisle. The 25-year-old from Leicester, England, passed away on Friday, September 16, just one day before she was due to wed Bell in front of 160 love ones. “Amongst our sadness, we are so proud of her courage, her spirit and the determination she showed throughout her illness,” Swabey’s heartbroken family wrote on Facebook....
It goes to prove everyday matters and it counts. Being in the moment was never more important. It is a clear statement that sincere love begins long before the wedding. It was the time they had. No one averted their eyes from pure happiness in the arms of another. 
"I, ___, take thee, ___, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part and thereto I pledge myself to you."